Geoff Hetherington is ‘The Clarity CEO’, helping business owners to de-clutter their ideas (and their lives) with his compassionate but no-nonsense approach. He is also a Board Chair(man) and an advisory board director to several Australian companies.
These are some of my favourite quotes from Geoff:
“The hard thing for young people is to figure out how to avoid playing the politics”
“There’s four stages of learning: unconsciously incompetent, consciously incompetent, consciously competent, then unconsciously competent”
“My Dad always said to me the only thing you’ve got to strive to achieve in life is to be happy at the guy who looks back at you from the mirror every morning”
In this episode, we dive into topics such as:
- Being brutally selective with your focus and your energy
- The importance of having a regular ‘reset’
- Advisory boards VS Governance boards
- The ideal size for an effective board
- Stepping back before deciding how to react
- Observe -> Understand -> Identify -> Decide
- The four stages of learning
- The importance of putting away your privilege
- Key ground rules for directors
- And much more!