One of the biggest challenges that entrepreneurs face is authenticity, not least of all in the boardroom. This is a topic that my guest, Ronsley Vaz, knows all too well. Ronsley is the founder of the award winning Amplify agency, author of Amplify: Raise Your Voice, Boost Your Brand and Grow Your Business, and host of Bond Appetit – Australia’s #1 food podcast. He’s also the creator of the We Are Podcast conference – the largest podcast conference in the Southern Hemisphere. And throughout his illustrious journey, one of his biggest learning curves has been confronting himself in difficult situations.
We also get into all of this too…
- Ronsley’s top inspirational quotes
- The different definitions of success, and how they vary from one entrepreneur to the next
- Why you have to be selfish to be an entrepreneur
- The importance of having the right people around you
- How to stay in the present, rather than being in the past or living in the future
- Why fear won’t go away, and how to deal with it when it comes along
- Learning how to appreciate the problems you come up against as an entrepreneur
- Ronsley’s legacy, and the importance of questioning everything
- How Ronsley’s personality has fitted into the boardroom
- Why being authentic in the boardroom is so important
- The values of millennials and why it matters in business and the boardroom
- Effective listening as a critical part of how we interact with the world around us
Actions YOU can take:
- Ask yourself if you’re being your true, authentic self, both in and out of business. If not, try to pin-point why. Are you living up to an unreal expectation of yourself?
- Next time you’re having an in-depth conversation, pay particular attention to what those around you are saying, rather than thinking about what you want to say
- Think about what your definition of success is. Write it down, and ask yourself if your career is heading in the direction where you can achieve that success.